Apple blocked these 17 apps and removed them from the Apple store due to malware issue. Usually, we hear that Android apps have malware and effected to these Android devices. Apple users always think that we all are very safe then Android users. But this time, It’s Apple iPhone users turn.
If you are an Apple iPhone user, you must have check this list to keep your phone data safe from the malware.
Below is the list of apps which are infected by trojan malware and Apple blocked them from the store.
Mobile security company Wandera found the below apps with trojan malware.
- RTO Vehicle Information
- EMI Calculator & Loan Planner
- File Manager – Documents
- Smart GPS Speedometer
- CrickOne – Live Cricket Scores
- Daily Fitness – Yoga Poses
- FM Radio – Internet Radio
- My Train Info – IRCTC & PNR (not listed under developer profile)
- Around Me Place Finder
- Easy Contacts Backup Manager
- Ramadan Times 2019
- Restaurant Finder – Find Foo
- BMI Calculator – BMR Calc
- Dual Accounts
- Video Editor – Mute Video
- Islamic World – Qibla and Smart Video Compressor
All these 17 apps were published and developed by Indian IT Company AppAspect Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Wandera Report :
“Clicker Trojan is a well-understood class of malware that performs ad-fraud by making frequent connections to ad networks or websites in order to artificially inflate visitor counts or to generate revenue on a pay-per-click basis,”
AppAspect Technologies have multiple apps published on PlayStore also, and their apps on PlayStore also found infected with the trojan and removed by Google.
Though, it’s not confirmed yet that the infected wrong code was added intentionally or unintentionally by the company.