As an additional privacy measure, Whatsapp has finally rolled out a fingerprint lock feature to add one more layer of security to your chats and data.
First, you need to check that is your phone is supported for this new feature or not?
Plus your phone also needs to have fingerprint lock, If your mobile supports fingerprint lock, then you can also enable it into your WhatsApp. When you enabled this feature, you’ll have to use fingerprint to access the app.
Step by Step guide to enable fingerprint lock on your WhatsApp.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on the More Options (3 verticle dots from top) > Settings > Account > Privacy.
2. Scroll to the bottom and tap on the Fingerprint lock option.
3. Turn on Unlock with the fingerprint option.
4. Touch the fingerprint sensor to confirm your fingerprint.
5. You can tap to select the amount of time before fingerprint authentication is prompted.
How to disable fingerprint lock?
1. Open WhatsApp > tap More options (3 verticle dots from top) > Settings > Account > Privacy.
2. Scroll to the bottom and tap Fingerprint lock.
3. Turn off Unlock with the fingerprint.
Note: To use fingerprint lock, you’ll need to have it enabled in your phone’s settings.
Hope you like this information, and it helps you too. If you like our article, then do share with your friends.